Monday, November 8, 2010

Re-Occurring Dream

This dream has been the first i can remember having. It has to do with thumbtacks, my uncle, my dad, and all of my cousins. The first time I remember this dream was when I was 5. I woke up from bed and told my parents that my tummy hurt, so they said that i could stay up with them while they were watching tv in the living room. Then I fell asleep... The dream never starts out the same, but i always forget the beginning. The first thing i can remember in the dream was this, i am lying on the couch (like i was before the dream started) and then my uncle tells me to come over were he is. My mom tells me that its ok to go, so i do. He has i thumbtack or a sharp object, and then i become overwhelmed with a feeling i cant describe. After this i look at the clock in my living room and my entire family starts yelling at me, (this is where it gets confusing) after this i am standing on the abandoned train bridge on wellington crescent. I see all my cousins in the water below me, but its a whirlpool. Then somebody pushes me in the water, i  fall forever than i hit the water and wake up. i never scream afterwards but i always have an increased heart rate.

4 comments:

  1. This is a crazy dream. You have been having it since you have been 5 years old. I think that it is kinda funny that you remember the dream still. Are you still even having it? I find it kind of weird that you dream about tacks and your cousins. When you are falling do you ever drown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really strange, but very very interesting. I think analyzing dreams would be a fascinating pastime. Do you still have that dream nowadays? Maybe the first time you had this dream your parents were watching something on TV that had some random things that became part of your dream! I think this is very well written and i liked reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone, this is a very weird dream! Can you ever make out what your family is yelling at you?
    Something must have triggered this dream; do you have a fear of sharp objects? Being yelled at? Heights? Being pushed off a bridge? Or maybe you had a conversation with someone involing one of these concepts before you went to bed that night.
    The only dream I've ever had that involved falling for a really long time was where I'd just jump up from standing on the ground and all of a sudden I'd be falling, until I fell through the roof of my house. Then I would land on my bed, which would be exactly when I would wake up from my dream.

    ReplyDelete